Friday, 25 May 2012
So, this is happening.
"I've been slacking, I know, I'm sorry" she says as she shoves another handful of Twisties into her mouth.
Now, before anyone questions why I haven't done a lecture blog recently, here is my excuse. They're done, but the perfectionist in me thinks they are lacking, and I can't bring myself to post. Perfectionism is a dibilitating mental illness, guys. Feel free to question my sanity, because I sure as hell am.
Moving on.
Since the beginning of the year I have gone from someone completely lacking in estrogen, to someone who is pretty much an emotional, binge eating, make-up wearing, wreck. However, the most interesting (and expensive) development in all this has been my sudden need to apply a full face of makeup; and since my self-confidence is already sky-high, what with all those achievements I have on Xbox and being able to roll my tongue, it's hardly an issue of self-esteem.
I blame Youtube, and in the spirit of good ol' segregation, I actually just mean Youtube beauty gurus. I have spent countless hours listening to them talk about how cute blushes are and why everyone should buy a $105 dollar eye shadow brush, and I regret nothing. I've watched too many foundation routines and smokey eye tutorials to turn back now. Don't over analyse it, I'm batshit.
Now, while most are beautiful, vapid, souless people, there are a select few who have taught me useful things and whom I could watch compare coral lipsticks for hours.
http://www.youtube.com/user/pixiwoo
http://www.youtube.com/user/icallitambrosia
http://www.youtube.com/user/gossmakeupartist
http://www.youtube.com/user/beautycrush
Alas, I thought I'd share a few tips I didn't know, and probably should have, but was too busy playing Skyrim to take note.
1. Apply foundation with a stippling brush
2. Set your foundation with powder
3. All Chanel counters treat you like a god-damn princess
4. Highlight your cheekbones
5. Highlight your brows and inner corner
6. MAC is the only brand of make-up you should EVER use.
7. Apparently you can fill in your eyebrows
8. Fill in your eyebrows with a pencil two shades lighter for brunette, darker for blonde
9. Winged eyeliner translates to sexy in 100+ languages
10.You can just wear fake eyelashes whenever the hell you want
-Shannen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment