So, Steve comes blundering down the stairs, and catches site of Dan, and abruptly asks,
"Who are you?" By this point I had backed into my room.
"Just a friend of Marines, yeah."
"Right, get out." To which Dan replied with a very confused "What?"
"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" (Someones obviously neglected to tell him that we pay the rent.) It's to my understanding from what I could hear, that Dan was trying to put his shoes on, which Steve was having none of, and proceeded to throw his shoes out of the house, and then Dan himself. Now, his wife Rose was watching the whole time, not saying a word.(We all believe she is being compliant for fear & for the babies sake.)
"Who are you?" By this point I had backed into my room.
"Just a friend of Marines, yeah."
"Right, get out." To which Dan replied with a very confused "What?"
"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" (Someones obviously neglected to tell him that we pay the rent.) It's to my understanding from what I could hear, that Dan was trying to put his shoes on, which Steve was having none of, and proceeded to throw his shoes out of the house, and then Dan himself. Now, his wife Rose was watching the whole time, not saying a word.(We all believe she is being compliant for fear & for the babies sake.)
Leaning out of my window, I tell Dan to come over. I jumped out of my window, and we had a chat about whats going on, he was pretty rattled after being thrown outside. We could see through the window in the kitchen that Steve had Marine (All 5 foot 4 inches of her) essentially pinned to the wall shouting at her for being disrespectful and putting stress on his wife, and his baby ( Who we constantly reminded has problems, and how the pregnancy has been a struggle, which is in itself a very sad thing) and how if the baby did not survive, it would be thanks to Marine, and the stress she had imposed on Rose. Blaming a student for their misfortune. Classic. In my opinion, there would have been no stress, if they had
1. Given the $200 back to Soo and Elisa.
2. Been fair with the rent.
3. Not have come down and made a fuss out of something that could have been resolved with a simple sit down conversation like 'ADULTS' and soon to be 'PARENTS'. Blaming someone on the death of a child is apparently a sign of maturity.
1. Given the $200 back to Soo and Elisa.
2. Been fair with the rent.
3. Not have come down and made a fuss out of something that could have been resolved with a simple sit down conversation like 'ADULTS' and soon to be 'PARENTS'. Blaming someone on the death of a child is apparently a sign of maturity.
The storm was over now. Marine was crying, she had been inside by herself for 20 minutes while Steve reved her. To be honest, I would have gone in there, but after his reaction to Dan, I was being cautious.
To make matters worse, the same night, Steve and Rose sent out emails to everyone that directed all of us to leave the house by June 30th, right smack-bang during end of semester assessment/beginning of exams, giving us no time to look for alternative accommodation. To make it even more sly, they said that if we didn't want to leave, we had to sign a contract that locked us into staying until November 2012. 'They wanted to start fresh, kick everyone out, clean slate.' Yep, that's the best way to resolve an issue - ignore it, and kick it to the curb before end of semester. I however, happen to be leaving for Darwin on the 21st of June, but they expressed that the contract was to signed by June 1st, which means I have even less time to decide if I EVEN WANT TO STAY after all this nonsense, let alone be in town to find somewhere to rest my bloody head at night.
In a snap of their fingers, they have turned this issue around on us, throwing words around like disrespectful, uncleanly (Exam week/end of assement is a hetic time, soz if there are a few dishes in the sink), and forcing us to feel guilty about the death of one their unborn babies, and in turn endangering the life of the other.
Steve has yet to comment on the RTA situtation, but I have no doubt he will, Marine is leaving shortly, and I have 2 weeks in the middle of exams to find accommodation.
To end things on a slightly lighter note, I'm happy to say that Marine has embarked on a new mission, a mission to be be sickly sweet and nice to everyone in order "to counterbalance his presence in the world."
To think, all of this could have been avoided with a contract, and a bit of god-damned maturity. So thanks to this drama, my coursework has taken a back-seat, hence late posting. Perfect. My apologies.
- Shannen
A valuable experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment